Re: [hylafax-users] Bad faxrcvd parameters

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 02:23:39PM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> ========================
> We are trying hylafax-4.1.b2_2 on FreeBSD v4.3 as a fax server.  I receives
> great, but the messages log states:
>
> Jun 25 13:43:07 server01 FaxGetty[60848]: Bad exit status 077000 for
> "bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00002.tif" "ttyd0" "00000014" """
>
> As you can see, the quotes are misplaced (the one after the first parameter
> "bin/faxrcvd is missing.  This creates empty quotes after the first parameter.
>
> Is there any way to correct this in a config file, or is this in the source?
> ========================
>
> Your assumption that "the one after the first parameter is missing" is
> wrong.  There's not supposed to be a quote after that, because that first
> thing isn't a parameter.  I.e., faxgetty makes the call:
>
> bin/faxrcvd "recvq/fax00002.tif" "ttyd0" "00000014" ""
>
> Note the three quotes (""") at the end of that message.  The first quote
> and the last quote are there for the faxgetty logging to quote the entire
> call.

And that makes the error message somewhat ugly.  Is that in faxrcvd,
Lee?  Maybe we could change that message to use single-quotes sometime
in the 4.1 stream, so the message is easier to understand.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows