Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax Manual

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 12:21:59PM -0400, Eric Vaughen wrote:
> Call me old fashion, but I LIKE printed manuals. I have tried in vain to
> print one out for Hylafax. The one on "hylafax.org" will not extract, am I
> sure it has to do with MY extraction software. I have attempted to print the
> each "man" page of off the web site, unfortuantely, some sections yield
> dropped letters at the end of each line (FAXMAIL for example) while others
> print great... arg!. I may restort to cutting and pasting from b
>
> Does any one know where I can get a PDF or WORD version of the manual? or
> other format that will dump to a printer in a readable form?

Indeed, Lee did talk about this a couple months back, with a little
help from me.  The trick is

man -t

Which creates a troffable version -- ie: typeset.  Look either in the
HOWTO, or in the mailing list archive, for man -t.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows