Re: [hylafax-users] MacOS X Install

Nathan,

Copy:
/usr/libexec/config.guess
/usr/libexec/config.sub
into your build directory (where you extracted the HylaFAX source).

*****NOTE*****: MAKE SURE YOU EXTRACT THE SOURCE ON AN UFS VOLUME. There
are files with identical names to some of the standard OS/X header files
etc. eg ReGex... Which in the case insensitive HFS/HFS+ volumes will
cause you untold grief.

Edit your config.site as follows:

GETTY="BSD"			# type of getty support (auto|BSD|SysV)
CXXFILE="-x c++"			# options for proper C++ =processing

Once you install, you will have to play around with the security on some
of the files.

edit /etc/ttys
tty.usbmodem091 "/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty"      unknown on secure

Where tty.usb is whatever modem devices in the /dev directory.

That should have you on the way to where I am currently.

Regards,

Guy

On Tuesday, June 19, 2001, at 08:25  AM, Abra Cadabra wrote:

> I'm currently trying to compile hylafax under MacOS X.
> I have tried many things which have each created
> various errors. Has anyone done this who can offer
> knowledgable insight into what the basic problem is? I
> believe the configuration script does not have any
> configuration for OSX/Darwin but I am not sure what to
> do.
>
> Also, optimistically I would like to know if anyone
> has had trouble using modern mac's built in Modem -
> iMacs and G4s?
>
> Thank you,
> Nathan

> /dev/null

---
Guy R. Loucks			|   "Everyone is a genius at least once a year.
"These opinions and 	|    The real geniuses simply have their bright
  ideas are my own,   		|    ideas closer together."       G.C.
Lichtenberg
  what few there are."		|

CAUTION: This message and any attachments contain information that is
CONFIDENTIAL and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the intended
recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this email message or
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify immediately and erase all copies of this message
and attachments.