Re: [hylafax-users] COMREC error - addendum

At one of our client sites I ran into a similar problem.
All of our testing was done with an "analog" line, and when
the "go-live" came around we ended up with a bunch of lines
that went through the clients phone system. Besides the requirement
for a "9" to get a dial-tone, the clients "PBX" caused an unbelievable
number of send errors. All of these errors went away when I switched the system
back to analog lines.

That being said, I have another client with a Siemens PBX, that works just
fine...

At 12:30 PM 6/18/01 -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
>At 01:05 PM 6/18/01 -0500, Josh Welch wrote:
> >Would moving from one phone line to another require any changes to my config
> >file? Or could there simply be some incompatibilities between the modem and
> >the type of phone line?
>
>Yes.  For example the line may or may not give a dialtone until "9" is
>pressed, it may or may not provide a dialtone (needs ATX3), or possibly any
>other of a buch of line-type configuration settings.
>
>I am not, though, suggesting that any of these are your problem.
>
>Lee.

Jeff Herring  /  jeffh@sldsi.com
Seacoast Laboratory Data Systems, Inc.
Voice:  603 431 4114  x14