[hylafax-users] USR VoiceFax 33.6

Hallo to everybody,
I'm new on the list, so, please, be patient with me.... ;-)))))

I'm trying to make hylafx work with my USR voice Fax 33.6.

Platform: Linux RedHat 6.2 patched with libtiff 3.5.5;
Hylafax version: hylafax-4.1beta3-1rh6.i386.rpm
Client: sendfax and also Cypheus 1.09
The environment in which the system is going to work is a "send only"
environment. I need a linux box with Hylafax send faxes sent from Cypheus
clients on Win machines.

- I installed the rpm and all was all right;
- I run faxsetup and I answered leaving almost default values in all fields
(if someone writes from Italy, can please tell if those values are correct
for Milan?

>>LogFacility:            daemon
>>CountryCode:            39
>>AreaCode:               02
>>LongDistancePrefix:     0
>>InternationalPrefix:    00
>>DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
>>ServerTracing:          1
)
- as suggested into the faxsetup utility the faxaddmodem was lauched and did
not report anything wrong (I've set my modem as class 2.0 and then class 1,
but nothing changes)
- I answered yes to launch the faxmodem utility for each configured modem
(only the USR on ttyS1)
- I do not use faxgetty, as I work in a send only environment, should I?
- daemons are reported as follow:

>>612 ?        S      0:00 faxq
>>621 ?        S      0:00 hfaxd -i hylafax

- My USR is correctly seen an works under minicom and any other comm
program;
- the faxstat utility reports:
>>Modem ttyS1 (+39.02.xxxxxxxx): Initializing server        or
>>Modem ttyS1 (+39.02.xxxxxxxx): Waiting for modem to come ready

- trying to send a fax with
>>sendfax -n -d 0212345677 pippo.txt
the following message appear
>>request id is 15 (group id 15) for host localhost (1 file)
and in the messages log file
>>Jun 15 16:53:39 faxserver HylaFAX[1209]: Filesystem has SysV-style file
creatio
>>Jun 15 16:53:39 faxserver FaxQueuer[612]: SUBMIT JOB 15
- something happens on the modem, but fax then expires with
missing number

Where could be the problem? In the Hylafax or in the way Linux talk to my
modem?

thanks in advance for your sugestion!!
ALberto