Re: [hylafax-users] Fw: hylafax-4.1beta2 & recv'd faxes

> >via
> >> the default method of notification from HylaFAX: (ftp://link_within_email)
> >opens
> >> IE-5.x with alternatiff-1 pluggin installed.
>
> That's truly surprising, and you'd be the first one that I've ever heard of
> who accesses their faxes through hfaxd with a web browser.

I'm not the first.  Please see->
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2001-03/msg00274.php
That's where i got the idea from so I can just click and view.  :)
Surprising in more ways than one; it has worked in the manner described above in
past installs, now it doesn't.

> >Any thoughts on what I'm missing?
>
> You're making assumptions that you shouldn't be.  For example, you say "any
> Windows client", when you really mean "IE5 web browser".  You'll get the
> same results with Netscape, too.  If you had tried Cypheus or WHFC, I think
> you'd understand what is happening.

I have attempted this with whfc.  When doing so; i don't get the errors from
syslogd neither does the selected fax open in the app i chose to view that fax
The viewing app does open.

> You can see the problem with accessing hfaxd through IE5 as exemplified so
> well above: "Login failed from ... anonymous".  IE5 logs on to ftp-like
> things as "anonymous".  I don't suppose that you have set up an "anonymous"
> account in etc/hosts.hfaxd, have you?  Furthermore, it's not clear what
> password ("usually" it should be your e-mail address) is being used by IE5
> to log on to these services.  So... you've either got to set up that
> "anonymous" account and luckily get the password somehow, or use a real ftp
> client, or better yet, a real HylaFAX client.
>
> Lee.

The above definetly makes sense, perhaps IE-5.x is acting up or i changed a
value during my last frustration fit.  Thanks for that train of thought.  I will
look at the IE-5.x settings

Something that is still of a concern is the following:
~/config.cuaa1
RecvFileMode:           0644
-
yet my recvq's contents yield ....
-
ls -l /var/spool/fax/recvq
total 40
-rw-r--r--  1 uucp  dialer  25724 Jun 14 14:36 fax00047.tif
-rw-r--r--  1 uucp  dialer  12774 Jun 14 23:21 fax00052.tif
-rw-------  1 uucp  dialer      2 Jun 14 23:20 seqf

I have to chmod any file I want to view as a normal user from a windows box.
From what I understand, this shouldn't be with the RecvFileMode:  set.  Should
it?