Re: [hylafax-users] USR Modem hangs

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 08:53:49PM -0400, Dave Wreski wrote:
> Hi all. I'm using hylafax-4.1beta3 on RH7 with a USR Sportster 33.6k. It
> receives about 200 faxes per day, but occiasionally faxstat reports
> 'Receiving from <phone>' when in fact it's the modem that's hung in the
> 'receive' state or something.
>
> It's running in Class1 using the xonxoff config file included. I've got to
> stop hylafax, kill faxgetty then restart hylafax to get it to receive
> again.
>
> Modem info below. Thanks.
>
> 33.6 MODEM USR Sportster 33600/Fax V2.31/Configuration Profile... Product
> type US/Canada External Options V32bis,V.FC,V.34+ Fax Options Class
> 1/Class 2.0 Clock Freq 92.0Mhz Eprom 256k Ram 64k EPROM date 3/4/96 DSP
> date 3/4/96 EPROM rev 2.31 DSP rev 2.31

Well, that was a pretty good trouble report... but what we're really
gonna need is the session log from a locked call (if you can get one),
preferably with SessionTracing set to 0xFFF in your config file.

I suspect, though, that you may have a problem I remember seeing
reported fixed here in a CVS pull newer than you have.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows