Re: [hylafax-users] MaxDials in config file...

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 02:25:42PM -0400, Jim TheVoice wrote:
> I've add the MaxDials tag and set it to 2 in file etc/config and
> etc/config.ttyb. I've restarted hylafax daemond and faxgetty and when
> I use faxstat -s, my job still retrying until 12 times.
>
> What can I do for it?

Well, if the badly behaved jobs are *old*, just kill them off and
requeue them, if you can.  I'm pretty sure MaxDials gets picked up at
enqueueing time.

If it's doing that on newly created jobs...

which client(s) are you using?  If a windows client, try with
sendfax(1f); I believe the *client* can override that setting, and IIRC
from setting up WHFC, most do.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows