Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail troubles

At 05:23 PM 5/31/01 +0300, Virág Kinga wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm new in HylaFAX and Linux too.
>My goal is to make somehow an e-mail to fax solution.
>I've installed HylaFAX server, the latest version, and I can send a fax
>with sendfax command.
>I've did the changes described on the Sendmail mangling for HylaFAX faxmail
>page.
>Now, if I send an e-mail form pine to user@123456.FAX I get a host lookup
>failure notice, and the mail doesn't get faxed.
>I do not have the /usr/local/lib/fax/hyla.conf and ~/.hylarc files
>mentioned in the faxmail manpage.
>I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or what should I do to make it work.
>If somebody knows, please help me.

Please see:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4

If this is for a commercial product, I highly advise against using faxmail
- you can search the archives to learn of the security problems with it.
E-mail just isn't a very secure type of transaction (well, you could use
encryption and keys, I suppose..., but still, you'd be programming your own
client)