Re: [hylafax-users] using IXO/TAP to send alpha page, but not set off audible beeper

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 12:21:06PM -0400, Jim Mercer wrote:
> i seem to recall that there is a facility that allows one to submit a
> message to a specific "message area" on the pager, and not set the pager
> off.
>
> i'm using bellmobility paging in toronto, canada, and would appreciate any
> pointers anyone can hand me.

From the TAP side, this is just like any other page.  From the *paging*
company side, it requires a pager with "information mailboxes", and
there are addressing constraints on how it can be set up for anything
other than large fleets.  You have to use the infobox capability,
there's no way, AFAIK, to do it with a standard box on the pager.

This is going to require beating on your paging sales person until they
let you talk to their chief engineer.  IME, the rest of the engineering
staff (PageNET Tampa) wasn't up to this explanation, either.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows