Re: [hylafax-users] voice message before sending fax

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 09:45:35AM -0600, Lee Howard wrote:
> At 01:50 PM 5/23/01 +0400, Dmitry Mukhin wrote:
> >  How can I setup hylafax server in such a way: it call some number,
> >  plays some sound file with a voice message (for ex. "Press start on
> >  your fax machine"), and only after that send fax?
>
> Re-code HylaFAX to do this... using current HylaFAX code this cannot be done.

Well, IIRC, you can do this with vgetty, but you're right, he'll have
to do, at least, some scripting.  Dmitry?  Do you want to do this
because you want the same modem to do other things, like voicemail?

Or why?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS/X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows