[hylafax-users] hylafax-4.1beta2 and distinctive ring

OS= FreeBSD 4.2-Stable
hylafax-4.1beta2
/var/spool/fax/etc/config.cuaa1
RingVoice:              Ring1
RingFax:                 Ring2
RingsBeforeAnswer:      2

With the above settings both ring-types are answered on the second ring even
though I have the distinctive-ring parameters listed.  I'm was assuming that,
when we place the distinctive ring parameters in
"/var/spool/fax/etc/config.cuaa1", and we don't have a voice application
installed, the Ring1 will continue to ring indefinitely (untouched by hylafax)
and the Ring2 will be answered and handed off to HylaFAX on the second set/pair
of the double ring pattern.  That's not what we are experiencing.  With those
settings shown above, The it seems HylaFax is answering both ring patterns... if
its not Hylafax answering, then its the modem answering.

I can't seem to find document on the 'www' with respects to modem commands for
my older model modem (listed below)
Perhaps by providing the mail-list with the following information, the community
could provide some insight and suggestions for how to fix my distinctive ring
issues.

# faxaddmodem

U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Faxmodem Model 5685 (internal)
Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 OK.
-
Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem eh?
[1]+  Terminated              ( trap 0 1 2 15; while true; do
 sleep 10; echo ""; echo "Hmm, something seems to be hung, check your modem
eh?";
done )
-
This modem looks to have support for both Class 1 and 2.0;
how should it be configured [2.0]?

Hmm, this looks like a Class 2.0 modem.
Modem manufacturer is "U.S. Robotics 56K Voice".
Modem model is "OK".
DTE-DCE flow control scheme [default]?

Using prototype configuration file class2.0...

There is no prototype configuration file for your modem, so we will
have to fill in the appropriate parameters by hand.  You will need the
manual for how to program your modem to do this task.  In case you are
uncertain of the meaning of a configuration parameter you should
consult the config(4F) manual page for an explanation.

Command to enter Class2.0 [AT+FCLASS=2.0]?
Command to setup no flow control after switch to Class2.0 [AT+FLO=0]?
Command to setup hardware flow control after switch to Class2.0 [AT+FLO=2]?
Command to setup software flow control after switch to Class2.0 [AT+FLO=1]?
Command to abort an active session [AT+FKS]?
Command to setup data bit order [AT+FBO=0]?
Command to enable HDLC frame tracing [AT+FBU=1]?
Command to set polling identifer [AT+FPI]?
Command to setup copy quality parameters [""]?
Command to enable receive capability [AT+FCR=1]?
Command to set/constrain modem capabilities [AT+FCC]?
Command to query modem capabilities [AT+FCC=?]?
Command to set session parameters [AT+FIS]?
Command to set local identifier string [AT+FLI]?
Command to enable status reporting [AT+FNR=1,1,1,1]?
Command to set Phase C timeout [AT+FCT=30]?
Command to disable procedure interrupt handling [AT+FIE=0]?
Command to set polling request [AT+FSP]?
Command to enable DTE-DCE stream comm. mode [AT+FPP=0]?

The modem configuration parameters are:

Class2AbortCmd:         AT+FKS
Class2BORCmd:           AT+FBO=0
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=1