[hylafax-users] Archiving: fax vs. scanning

I have to image roughly one 1-2 pages of documents for every transaction
that I do.  Right now I am faxing -- usually I have to photocopy it
first to make it suitable for faxing -- each document document into the
hylafax server and renaming the file and moving to a special directory
to archive it.  Can someone tell me what if any are the advantages to
using a scanner to image these documents?  I suppose it might save me
some time and some photocopying,  but the litany of scanners on the
market is almost overwhelming, from flatbed scanners to document scanner
(not sure what a document scanner is) that cost sever thousands of
dollars.  If anyone on the list could shed some light on this topic I
would appreciate it.

Richard