Re: [hylafax-users] No response to MPS or EOP

At 02:35 PM 5/4/01 +0200, Tetzel, Sascha wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Is it possible to handle this error like RTNHandlingMethod in config ???
>Also "ignore","retransmit" etc..

It had come up before in discussion, particularly with Dmitry (who
developed the RTNHandlingMethod config option).

I think that the answer is no.  No response to MPS or EOP generally is an
indication of communication failure rather than the refusal of a remote
system to send that signal.  So... if HylaFAX were to continue on with the
fax without requiring a response, the likelihood that the fax would
actually succeed in sending is rather slim, and the likelihood that this
behavior would cause other problems is much greater than that.

HylaFAX already behaves in a "retransmit" fashion.  It sends MPS/EOP three
times before giving up.

In the case of RTN, there are some fax systems (Canon?) which just don't
handle RTN, period.  That I know of, all systems handle MPS/EOP.