Re: [hylafax-users] CID REJECTED...

At 10:47 PM 4/16/01 +1000, Campbell McKilligan wrote:

>I applied the patch against bug #100 as Lee suggested.  The result was
>that CID now half works.  (An improvement I think!?!)  With the
>expression ^.*$ in the etc/cid file calls are accepted based on CID.  (I
>terminated the call below during the handshake):

Now's the time when we really need a 'cidtest' utility!  But, based upon
your success with the patch on Bug 100, I'd say that we can use 'tsitest'
in its place.  The trick is to understand in what format that CID string is
being seen by HylaFAX.

^0298723980$ doesn't work, apparently, because "0298723980" is not the
entirety of the CID string that is being reported from the modem and parsed
by HylaFAX.  Why it's not showing up in the logs that way... I'm not sure.
I don't have enough experience with CID in HylaFAX to know how the CID
string is expected.

You're gonna have to try a bunch of things to see if it works.

I'd start with:

^.*0298723980.*$
if that goes, then try ^.*0298723980$ or ^0298723980.*$ to see where the
issue is.
and if that rejects, then do the long, tedious process of...
^.*0.*$
^.*02.*$
^.*029.*$
and so on...

I've browsed the archives, but they're not very encouraging on this topic.
If you find the problem, an explanation would be appreciated.