Re: [hylafax-users] Blank lines at top of page.

At 11:07 PM 4/10/01 -0700, Richard Reina wrote:
>I have had Hylafax for a couple of weeks now.  It works great thanks to
>some help from Lee.  However, when I send out a simple text file,
>hylafax leaves about 5-6 blank lines between the top of the page --
>between the "From: Joe Blow Wed Apr 11 09:29:16 2001" and the the actual
>text at the top of my file.  Is there any way to reduce the number of
>these blank lines so that my text file can fit more on one page?

Hi Richard!  Good to hear things are going well.

Look in your /usr/share/fax/typerules file, and you'll see this:

-----------------
0       string          WNGZWZSS        error   Wingz spreadsheet
0       string          #Inventor V     error   IRIS Inventor file
>15     string          binary          error   binary IRIS Inventor file
>15     string          ascii           ps      %F/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold\
                                                -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s %s >%o <%i
#
# This causes anything else with ascii-only data to be treated as text.
#
0       ascii           x               ps      %F/textfmt -B -f Courier-Bold\
                                                -Ml=0.4in -p 11 -s %s >%o <%i

sendfax utilizes typerules to determine the method to convert the submitted
document or data stream into a suitable facsimile format (Postscript or
TIFF).  In the case of ASCII data, it's using 'textfmt' as seen above in
two lines.

If you look at 'man textfmt' you'll see that the -M option controls the
margins.  You'll need to adjust the lines above in your typerules file,
test and see, but you'll probably want to do something like:
-Ml=0.4in,t=0.25in