Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail and MIME

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:21:26PM +0200, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:55:17 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >I've got another small problem. I want to setup a mail-fax gateway. Easy
> >enough. It works fine, but I would like to to be able to process html and
> >several images types as well. But I can't find out how the mimeconvertor
> >scripts are called, and what they should return. Right now I have
> >created a converstors directory and created a text directory in it,
> >with in it a link to html2ps called html.
>
> >The html2ps is called when a
> >text/html attachement is received, but instead of the html only a blank
> >page is printed.
> It's not clear what you are doing. html2ps is called by who?
> are you using faxmail or not?

Ah, I'm sorry. html2ps is called by faxmail.

I send a message to the faxuser I've setup with a Content-Type text/html.
In the hyla.conf file I have added a line:

  MIMEConverters:         "/usr/local/lib/fax/mail"

and I created a directory /usr/local/lib/fax/mail/text with in this
directory a symbolic link called html to /usr/bin/html2ps. When
faxmail sees a message part of type text/html it should call
/usr/local/lib/fax/mail/text/html. I am quite sure that it is actually
doing this, because if I change the procmail line to use faxmail as a
filter instead of a delivery and remove the -d on the faxmail commandline
I get a file which is a clearly a postscript file. But if I let it fax
this directly I only get a fax with a 'mail header' and an empty page
after this.

--
#!perl #                       Life ain't fair, but root passwords help.
# Eric Veldhuyzen                              eric@terra.telemediair.nl