[hylafax-users] faxgetty/faxsend conflict?

Hi

I've had HylaFAX running successfully for a couple of months as a receive
only system (I did hack the faxrcvd script a little so that it would
automatically print received faxes). I now need to set it up so that we can
send faxes too.
I've installed the sambafax script and put the relevant details in
/etc/printcap. I can print from Windows clients and I have verified that the
sambafax script is detecting the Fax-Nr string correctly and is queueing the
faxes.

However, when there is a fax in the send queue, it tries to send it, but
faxsend appears to be unable to do anything because faxgetty already owns a
lock on the modem. At this point the two become confused and faxgetty
repeatedly emails me that the modem is wedged. Removing the outgoing faxes
from the queue and restarting hylafax/faxgetty fixes the wedged modem and
receiving works again as normal.
How can I get the two to interact properly with the modem?

Thanks

--
Chris Jones
IT Department