Re: [hylafax-users] DTMF tones after number

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 05:31:31PM +0200, Guenther Zinsberger wrote:
> For fax receiving: Is it possible to send a few numbers (2 or 3)
> behind the faxnumber (perhaps per DTMF or something else)?

I'm not sure whether it was necessary to ask this 6 times, but... :-)

If you're asking whether it currently possible to capture additional
number which are dialled by a manual sender sending a fax *into* a
hylafax server, it's very difficult, and requires that the sender wait
until they know they're talking to the faxmodem before dialling the
additional digits.  I believe it also requires modifications to
faxgetty.  And, of course, it requires a modem that can decode DTMF,
but most of them can these days, I think

All of this is to say that you *can* do this, but not with a factory
distribution by any means.

Cheer,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink