Re: [hylafax-users] AW: my recvq directory is empty

At 08:47 AM 2/21/01 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 09:57:52AM +0100, Tetzel, Sascha wrote:
>> the Problem is the faxrcvd script !! have a look.
>>         #rm -f $FILE   <----- this is the problem
>> if you get the script from www.hylafax.org then comment this out.
>
>Well, *that's* not in *my* copy.

I didn't write these scripts, I just modified them a bit for the various
formats, improved the mail attachment creation, changed some aesthetics,
and put them on the HOWTO.

But... in my case if this weren't there, I'd have a cron job doing just
this anyway since my mail client archives *all* mail by default anyway.  No
need to have two copies of spam faxes around.  And I set up different
archiving methods for the clients for whom I've installed HylaFAX,
generally because their free hard drive space is not near the unlimited
realm.  Maybe faxcron handles this, and I just haven't paid attention.

But... it may be wiser to have this not be the default behavior.  I'll get
it changed.