Re: [hylafax-users] Merging text and images

At 09:49 AM 2/11/01 -0500, genge1 wrote:
>> I am converting from Faximum.  This package has a feature of being able
>> to handle HP PCL language.  This allows us to merge tiff files via a
>> tiff to hp conversion, and then add text on top of the same page.
>
>We had the same in VisiFax. I have been unable to find a PCL to anything
>converter.
>Look at the convert utility that comes with ImageMagick. It has a lot of
>conversions and looks like it should support doing the overlay.

It appears, though, that ImageMagick only supports writing to (but not
reading from) PCL files, which has been the big dilemma.  See:
http://www.simplesystems.org/ImageMagick/www/formats.php

It does seem, however, that ImageMagick could be used to create an overlay
or watermark using TIFF-output image files (since PS is read-only via
Ghostscript).  See: http://www.simplesystems.org/ImageMagick/www/combine.php