Re: [hylafax-users] [Re: U R G E N T]

* Wilmes, Rusty <RWilmes@facey.com> [20010129 23:53]: writing on the subject 'Re: [hylafax-users] [Re: U R G E N T]'
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> I'd guess you could cat the latest files till you find the one with the
Wilmes,> destination fax number in question then scan it for errors.

cd /var/spool/fax/logs
grep -e "destination_fax_number" *

Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> -----Original Message-----
Wilmes,> From: Badri VS [mailto:vs_badri@usa.net]
Wilmes,> Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:48 PM
Wilmes,> To: Wilmes, Rusty; Badri VS; hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Wilmes,> Subject: Re: [Re: [hylafax-users] U R G E N T]
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> Rusty,
Wilmes,> find command is there . And there are some files in the /var/spool/log/
Wilmes,> directory with file names cxxxxxxnnnn  . The questions is how can i get it
Wilmes,> confirmed from those files?
Wilmes,> Thanks,
Wilmes,> Sudhakar Badri.
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> "Wilmes, Rusty" <RWilmes@facey.com> wrote:
Wilmes,> Sudhakar
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> If it's running on linux then logs goto
Wilmes,> /var/spool/fax/log/c00000nnnn where nnnn is the sequence number of the sent
Wilmes,> fax (at least, thats where mine go, but I' by no means a pro at this)
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> Rusty
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> -----Original Message-----
Wilmes,> From: Badri VS [mailto:vs_badri@usa.net]
Wilmes,> Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:28 PM
Wilmes,> To: hylafax-users@hylafax.org
Wilmes,> Subject: [hylafax-users] U R G E N T
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> Can any one suggest me where this hylafax writes the log file .
Wilmes,> Whether it is sent or NOT? Which parameters I look for in that particular
Wilmes,> log
Wilmes,> file?
Wilmes,> Thanks in advance,
Wilmes,> Sudhakar Badri.
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> ____________________________________________________________________
Wilmes,> Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> ____________________ HylaFAX(tm) Users Mailing List _______________________
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> ____________________ HylaFAX(tm) Users Mailing List _______________________
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> ____________________________________________________________________
Wilmes,> Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,>
Wilmes,> ____________________ HylaFAX(tm) Users Mailing List _______________________
Wilmes,>

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke 5th Flr Furaha Plaza

I hate facts. I always say the chief end of man is to form general
propositions -- adding that no general proposition is worth a damn. -Oliver
Wendell Holmes, Jr., "The Mind and Faith of Justice Holmes"