From: Tom Tilque [mailto:ttilque@gbp.com]
Sent: Thursday, 18 January 2001 1:29 AM
To: HylaFax Mailing list
Subject: [hylafax-users] overlaying forms

I have asked this question before and I believe that others have too,  but I
have yet to see a good answer.
Is there a way to overlay a form onto a fax using either hylafax,
ghostscript, or whatever.

I am currently doing this using the faxmerge utility from Digifax,  it works
well.   The problem is that we are going to port
Hylafax from SCO Unix to a Linux server.  The Digifax utility does still run
and appears to work on the Linux box but from talking to our systems guru's
here I don't know that I trust it.

I have found references in the mailing lists saying that this can be done
with Ghostscript.  If it can be done this way can someone help me out on how
to do it.  If not has anyone come up with a way to do it.

I also have found threads saying that this is out of the scope of hyafax
since it is a server and that type of operation should be done with a
client.  I guess I agree but is there a linux client "command"  that I can
do this with ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom Tilque
Applications Systems Analyst