Re: [hylafax-users] "Simple" (I hope) send problem

At 12:35 AM 1/11/01 -0000, Richard Jamieson wrote:
>Yes - just been through threads etc - cant see anything relevant.
>
>Never been this stuck before with open-source.

You haven't been around enough, then.  I've run into walls that were
dead-ends and had to wait months to see a fix produced... if the package
wasn't dead already.

>What do I do now - can I log a bug or something ?

You could log a bug into Bugzilla, but what's the bug to log?  You really
need to find a specific problem.  Right now, as I understand it, the
problem is that it won't queue the faxes... but how do we know that it's
not related to your configuration?

I think that you should try each step manually - i.e. use faxq directly, or
hfaxd directly, to see what the situation is.  When I approach a problem,
and I seem to be the only one with this problem, then my first assumption
is that I should start from the basics and review what is unique about my
system that is causing the difference.

>Otherwise I guess I have to look at another package I suppose - any
>recommendations ?

After looking at mgetty-sendfax, qfax, efax, and a couple of commercial
packages, I went with HylaFAX.  Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I think I made a
good decision.  You'll likely be happy if you stick through this to find
the problem.

Lee.