[hylafax-users] HylaFax FaxGetty and Data Calls/Getty "Inappropriate ioctl fordevice

   Ok, I think I solved the last problem myself (at the expense of
incoming faxes, which we don't use).

   I've got faxgetty answering data calls (OpenBSD, USR Sportster
14400) by forcing it to answer in Class Zero (ModemAnswerCmd:
AT+FCLASS=0A).  Idling in Class 0 and answering in Class 1 results in
every call be answered as a fax call.

   So now it answers -- the only problem is that it can't seem to
start getty for regular calls.

   If I run getty from /etc/ttys (in OpenBSD), it works:

/etc/ttys Entry
===============
#name	getty				type 	status
tty01	"/usr/libexec/getty std.57600" 	dialup 	on

   If I run faxgetty in tty01:

/etc/ttys Entry
===============
#name	getty				type 	status
tty01	"/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty" 	dialup 	on

/var/spool/fax/etc/config.tty01 GettyArg:
GettyArgs:	"std.57600 tty01"

   I've tried using %s and %l in place of the speed and port -- it
makes no difference.  All I get is:

getty: Inapproriate ioctl for device

   ...in the syslog.  Anyone know how to fix -- or even how to
diagnose -- this?  I'm not getting any useful information out of my
logfiles.  The weirdest part is how getty works fine when its not
started by faxgetty -- I can't figure that one out.
--
--dennis <mailto://dennis.favro@utoronto.ca>