Re: [hylafax-users] Examples of cover sheets?

At 03:51 PM 12/17/00 -0700, HALLOWELL,KARL (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
>I've read the description of faxcover and glanced over the postscript code
>for the cover sheet template. My question is does anyone have online
>examples of cover sheet templates that can be processed with faxcover? Thank
>you very much!

Well, there's the one that comes with the package.  It's a good example.  I
altered the default one to include my company logo for my initial faxcover
template.  That can be found at:
http://www.hylafax.org/howto/misc/faxcover.tar.gz
The make_faxcover tarball comes with quite a good-looking faxcover
template.  You can get that at:
ftp://ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/contrib/covers/make_faxcover.tar.Z
However, I don't think that make_faxcover works for current CVS.  Something
changed with the commentsX section, and make_faxcover usually breaks that.
A couple of weeks ago, in preparation for adding variable sender
information on the faxcover template, I created the one that you can find at:
http://www.deanox.com/faxcover.ps

You may want to look at:
http://www.hylafax.org/archive/2000-12/msg00090.php
and its thread for information relating to generating a faxcover template,
specifically the comments section.

There are a couple of ways to generate the eps/ps file that you work from.
Some people use tgif and then export it to EPS.  I've done this, and it
works well.  Also, you can do it on a Windows machine printing to a file
via the Apple Laserwriter driver.  Make sure that you change the settings
in the driver options to print to EPS or portable format.  After creating
this eps/ps file, then you go in and change the ( text_sections ) to
variable_sections and include an appropriate comments BreakIntoLines
section (as discussed in the archive thread).