Re: [hylafax-users] NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q9" "no_formatter" ""

Alexander Hoff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have the same problem as a few other people here:
>
> I have installed hylafax 4.1beta2 (rpm), i have configured hylafax and i am
> able to receive faxes, but i not able to send faxes via whfc. Here are the error
> messages i got:
..
> : PREPARE DONE
> 22:26:25 FaxQueuer[906]: NOTIFY: bin/notify "doneq/q9" "no_formatter" ""
> 22:26:25 FaxQueuer[906]: Bad exit status 077000 for "bin/notify "doneq/q9"
> "no_formatter" ""
>
> I learned from this list, that this is probably a problem with ghostscript, its
> fonts and hylafax. I have installed the rpm-binaries of ghostscript-6.50-1 and
> ghostscript-fonts-6.0-2 ( i also tried ghostscript 5.50 and 5.1 with all fonts)
> and under all ghostscript versions the devices tiffg3, tiffg32d and tiffg4 are
> available (gs -h).
>
> I think hylafax doesn't find the correct fonts but i don't know how to figure
> this out or how to tell hylafax where to find the ghostscript fonts. Of course,
> it may be another problem. Can anybody help me?

Hi,

First try if you can view a created postscript file via ghostscript.
If ghostscript creates error messages, then let me guess : You use MS
word ?

Specially in conjunction with MS Word some printer drivers creates
really strange postscript code. Sometimes it helps to play with the
printer driver options, specially the created Postscript code
(i think it's named something like "Optimal Portability").  Also
it my help to play with the font options (download fonts as bitmaps ?)

See also the WHFC Faq.
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom
http://www.uli-eckhardt.de              http://www.transcom.de