Re: [hylafax-users] faxcover commentsX

/ FROM:  Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com>, Dec 7 18:49 2000
| ABOUT: [hylafax-users] faxcover commentsX
|
| Can anyone confirm that the faxcover 'commentsX' symbols/parameters
| function properly?  Or rather, can anyone confirm that they *don't*
| function properly?  I'm having extreme trouble implementing the usage of
| 'commentsX'...
|
| I'm also quite confused as how to use the BreakIntoLines procedure, too.  I
| can successfully generate a faxcover page but with only one comments line
| which runs off the edge of the page if it is too long.  Any hints, anyone
| on how to implement BreakIntoLines?
|
| Thanks.
|
| Lee.

\ END: Lee Howard

I was having a devil of a time getting the comments to work as well.
I ended up with the following that worked on the old beta.  I'm sure
this could be optimized (I'm not a postscript expert).

     /rule (______________________________________________________________________________) def
     6 comments BreakIntoCommentX
     32 704 M rule SH
     32 704 M Comment1 SH
     32 734 M rule SH
     32 734 M Comment2 SH
     32 764 M rule SH
     32 764 M Comment3 SH
     32 794 M rule SH
     32 794 M Comment4 SH
     32 824 M rule SH
     32 824 M Comment5 SH
     32 854 M rule SH
     32 854 M Comment6 SH

The above was pasted into a file created by tgif.  Here are the things
tgif defined towards the top of the file that relates to the above code:

     /bd { bind def } bind def
     /M { moveto } bd
     /SH { show } bd

This worked for me until I started using the CVS code.  Then it stopped
working (blank comments).  Due to this and the fact that you can't fill in
the "from" information from the command line, I ultimately ended up giving
up on this and just built the coversheet with an external program and
gave it to sendfax (instead of using all of the command line parameters).

Bill