Re: [hylafax-users] Question: Communication error, call aborted

At 02:15 PM 12/7/00 +0100, Derrick R. Sambo wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>We have an HP9000/D330 (s800) running HP-UX 10.20 with a Wisecom
>V.90/K56flex class 2 faxmodem (it has a Rockwell AC/K56 chip). But I
>cannot get HylaFax to work correctly on this system.

I'm assuming that you're using 4.1beta2 from tarball?  I'm also assuming
that faxaddmodem detected your modem and used a prototype config template?
Or did you manually enter in all of the AT+F commands?

>I downloaded and installed all necessary software and ran faxsetup. Adding
>the modem prooved difficult, so I changed some timeouts in the faxaddmodem
>script (ONLY timeouts!) and the modem was recognised. Sending faxes also

You may want to post your alterations to the hylafax-devel list.  Robert
may be interested in seeing them.  There have been many changes in the CVS
as of late, though, to faxaddmodem.
>The difference starts at line 06. The old server ends with AT+FET=2\r,
>while the new server uses AT+FK\r. Apparently this is not the correct way
>of terminating the communication. But since I cannot find a list of
>AT+Fxxx commands, I can not verify the correctness of it.
>
>If this is indeed the problem, how can it be solved? How can I specify
>which AT command should be used to close the connection?

It would appear that the config file is wrong.  (And that's why I ask about
using a prototype config file by default.)  I'd bet that if you moved the
old modem to the new server and then re-ran faxaddmodem, that you would not
have this trouble with the faxes.  If so, then you probably need to work
out your config file for the new modem.