Re: [hylafax-users] 3Com U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Faxmodem internal

At 09:49 PM 12/5/00 +0100, Oliver Zimmermann wrote:
>I am using the modem "3Com U.S. Robotics 56k Voice Faxmodem internal" on a
>machine running on SuSE Linux 7.0 and the newest Hylafax version. Does
>anybody have the specific configuration for this modem since I am
>encountering difficulties. The fax is terminated at the position where the
>printing finishes but not at the end of the page.

By newest HylaFAX version I assume that you mean 4.1beta2?

I would highly recommend that you use CVS sources with SuSE 7.0.  See:
http://www.hylafax.org/cvs.php

Another thing that you may want to consider is that most of us who have
used USR modems on  HylaFAX servers eventually choose to use Class 1 rather
than Class 2.  There are some timing peculiarities with Class 2 that expose
faulty firmware in the USR modems from time to time.

If faxaddmodem doesn't detect your modem, then you should be extremely
cautious about setting up your config file manually.  The new CVS sources
include protocol configuration file headers that should work with most USR
modems now (at least all of those that I have yet tried).

But, to answer your question, the problem could be related with EOF or MPS
errors, which aren't uncommon.  Generally (with new CVS) HylaFAX won't have
the error on the second attempt.  If there is an error with a fax, you
should be notified by the system of the error.  What does faxstat say?