[hylafax-users] Problem with New zyxel Omni 56K Plus

Hi I'm trying to install a new Omni 56K Plus modem onto an i686 linux
box using the latest CVS hylafax sources.  Faxsetup works, but
faxaddmodem doesn't seem to recongnize the modem.  I get:

Probing for best speed to talk to modem: 38400 19200 9600 4800 2400 1200
Unable to deduce DTE-DCE speed; check that you are using the
correct device and/or that your modem is setup properly.  If
all else fails, try the -s option to lock the speed.

I get a similar error message with the -s (115200) flag.  I can dial
out using kermit (once I set the carrier-watch to off) and the vm
program allows me to record a voice message.  If I use cu to talk to
the device: I get:

cu -l ttyS1
Connected.
at+fclass=?
0,1,2,2.0,8

OK

Finally, the same software correctly indentifies the connection to an
older USR modem (on the same port).

Help!

David