Re: [hylafax-users] False busy signal detected

At 01:06 PM 11/17/00 -0800, Roger P. Brown wrote:
>* Modem: US Robotics 56K Fax Internal
>
>A phone number I'm trying to fax to has a faster than normal ring sound.
>HylaFAX reports it as a busy signal and hangs up.

I stand to be corrected on this, but I believe the busy signal is being
reported to HylaFAX by the modem... and not HylaFAX interpreting the ring
as a busy signal.

Does minicom or cu report it to be a busy signal also?  If so, you may want
to look into your AT command set for something to alter its interpretation
of busy signals (can't imagine what, though), or you may want to try a
different modem (gasp!).