Re: [hylafax-users] Removing a HylaFax job

On Mon, 06 Nov 2000 10:00:34 GMT, you wrote:

>I know i have to insert a line in hosts.hfaxd with the form
>client:uid:passwd:adminwd
>But i don't know how to do this.
>For example, i want setup a user :
>	- client  : claude
>	- uid     : ????
>	- no user password
>	- adm. Password : claude (or no password if possible)

For the uid, try using the real uid (/etc/passwd) of the user even if
this is not required.

I don't know if you can do without passwords for the admin role.
So try first with passwords and then take them out when you see it
works.

It wants the crypted password, you can find it easily with perl:
perl -e 'print crypt($plain,$salt);'
perl -e 'print crypt("claude","abc");'

$salt should be random for high security...
read
man perlfunc.

claude:501:ab3OpsYy17.rM:ab3OpsYy17.rM

--