[hylafax-users] OT: hylafax cvs: "diff" command

I read the cvs man pages and info pages but couldn't find an answer.

Right now, to get the latest changes in the HylaFAX sources, I do

cvs -z3 diff -u -D <some day in the future>

I get:
- the diff from my local dir to the latest cvs
- the diff has - and + swapped, that is the things added have a "-" and
things removed a "+"

What command should I use to get:
- "+" for additions in the server and "-" for deletions
- to avoid using -D, that is something to give me the diff against the
latest cvs?

If I just do "cvs diff" (without -D)  it seems it diff against its own
revision and the diff is blank.

Moreover,
cvs diff -r HEAD
tells me about afm files, xferstats.sh.in, ... not being there anymore,
why?
In my local copy I have no afm files, in the HEAD there are no afm
files, so why it says so instead of just ignoring the afm dir?

Thanks.

--
giulioo@pobox.com