Re: [hylafax-users] General Info(make fun)

On Friday, August 25, 2000, at 1:21:49 PM, darkskull wrote:
> Well i was trying to run the non beta, and I was told I should run the beta. No
> wonder the last admin who tried to get this server fixed failed 4 times. I have
> so much riding on my shoulders. It's such a lovley feeling :-]

Oh.  Oops.  That was me, too.  Crap.  :-)

That's why we're trying to get un-beta'd in 4.1.

> So. dont know how to make target. I grep'd every file in hylafax dir for
> assert.h and found nothing. I do have that file in /usr/include. My brain is
> alittle dead and im short on ideas. Im just ripping away at this with random
> successes.

assert.h is in fact a system include file; I suspect you just need to
massage your path for *that* a little, too.

Working from source without a little background in compiling on the
platform your on will leave you with this sort of problem,
occasionally.  Usually, they're merely misconfigures, rather than
"real problems", and they're easy to fix.

If you're keeping notes, you can save the next poor guy a lot of
trouble: toss them at Lee for the HOWTO.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff
The Suncoast Freenet