[hylafax-users] WebPage HOW-TO Help Needed

Due to some undesired advertisement of some information on my local website
and my defense of it, Darren has gotten me to remodel/develop a HylaFAX
HOW-TO section for the hylafax.org website.  I need your help.

Okay, all of you with a functional HylaFAX installations I'm sure have some
information to benevolently bestow upon others.  If you're like me, then
you keep notes every time you do some package installation so that you can
re-do it at any time by reviewing your notes.  Well, I'd like a copy of
your notes, if you wouldn't mind.

Please review briefly the *rough* outline of a suggested HylaFAX HOW-TO
page below.  If there are sections that you would add remove or change,
then please let me know.  This can be as intricate or as general as you
make it.  If you have any information or expertise that could be used in
the HOW-TO as outlined, then please send it to me at hylafax@deanox.com
This e-mail account is dedicated to this purpose.  Go ahead and send me
mini-HOW-TO documents for incorporation in every aspect of this outline.
If you use WHFC, for example, it would be nice to know how you got it
working and what some of the tricks are.  I hope to have a working and
somewhat full-filled HOW-TO quickly - at least by month-end.

I will incorporate information already on the HylaFAX website, in the
HylaFAQ, and in the mailing list archives.  If you know of information
already on the HylaFAX website or in the FAQ that is outdated or incorrect,
then please bring that to my attention.

Especially for those of you who are successfully using HylaFAX on something
other than RedHat Linux 6.x (because that's what I use), I would appreciate
your installation and configuration procedure.  Please include your OS
version, your platform, the HylaFAX version used (where you got it) and any
other relevant information (modem type, libtiff, or compiler version, for
example).  I'm hoping that this HOW-TO will have *some* installation
information for *some* version of HylaFAX for most of the *NIXes out there.
 It would be great if you could provide a step-by-step installation
procedure (from download to faxing and every step in-between).

At a minimum, I would appreciate it if you simply sent me your modem make,
model, firmware revision number (if available), and fax mode (1, 2, 2.0) to
simply say, "HylaFAX works with this modem in this fax mode" so that I can
compile a list.  I may request your config file if it's not in the
distribution or on http://www.xtremeweb.de/hyla/

This is a huge undertaking, and I don't want it to consume my life until
September (or after), so *any* help you can give would be greatly
appreciated.  (I have to run a business all the while, too.)  I've noticed
the help that some of you have given on the mailing lists to newbies and
oldbies alike, and some of you (you know who you are) would serve
excellently to help in various areas of this HOW-TO.  I will always credit
the author of that section for the input.

This is the rough outline:

I.	Ability and Usefulness
	(a description of what HylaFAX can and can't do out-of-the-box)
	(let me know of how you use HylaFAX, do you use it for more)
	(than just the default setup provides?)
II.	Installation
	(this will be listed in a per-OS way, so this info is needed)
	(on a per-OS basis)
	a.	Requirements (Modem type)
	b.	How to download/acquire the software
	c.	step-by-step instructions on installation and configuration
III.	Using HylaFAX (server-side)
	(not intended to replace the man pages )
	(but to give a brief in-a-nutshell explanation)
	a.	faxstat messages
	b.	sendfax usage
	c.	logs/logging
IV.	Received Fax Delivery
	(a list of already-made faxrcvd options )
	(attached TIF, PDF, JPEG?, ftp style, and automatic printing)
	(send me copies of your custom faxrcvd files and write a bit about them)
V.	Submitting Faxes From Clients
	a.	*nix clients
	b.	Windows clients
		i.	WHFC how-to
		ii.	RelayFax how-to
	c.	Mac clients
	d.	email-to-fax clients/configuration
		i.	simple HylaFAX-procmail how-to
		ii.	sendmail mangling
VI.	General Tweaking/Personalization Hints
	a.	modem config files
	b.	cover page customization
	c.	reporting customization
	d.	mass faxing, 1000+ faxes per day