[hylafax-users] **ANNOUNCE** FTP site reorganization to headline 4.1-beta

Folks,

Barring any compelling objections, the ftp site is due for a fundamental
reorganization which will see the 4.1 beta releases headlined as the
default. The justification for this is the fact the 4.0pl2 binary releases are
relevant to very few people these days, and the 4.0pl2 source simply will not
compile on most modern UNIX flavours.

This move is made in concert with the setup of a bug reporting tool (Bugzilla)
which will assist development efforts to produce a final 4.1 release which
builds on all platforms, rather than just the more popular ones.

Aside from making sure that many more people are able to successfully compile
the release they download, this rather drastic move is an effort to encourage
some of you out there who have the requisite experience to chip in, check out
the CVS, join hylafax-devel and help us get 4.1 out the door. I'm hoping the
gamble pays off ;-)

Again, if you strongly object to this move, please let me know in this forum.
Otherwise, the switch is imminent.

-Darren