Re: [hylafax-users] multitech MT5600ZDXE/hylafax 4.0pl2

On Saturday, August 12, 2000, at 10:30:41 AM, darrellb wrote:
>> we're happily using 4.0p12 with 2 * multitech MT2834ZDXK
>> modems...however these are no longer available.

> the replacement model seems to be the MT5600ZDXE...however this doesn't
> work with the configuration files that come with 4.0p12...given that all
> else is working just fine, I really dont want to upgrade the whole
> system just to change modems, so I was wondering if anyone out there had
> a configuration that works wiht the newer multitech modem, but on the
> older verison of hylafax that we're using?

We're using the 56000zdx's quite happily, with the shipped Multitech
config file.  The trick is to remove the @ at the end of the
dialstring.  The firmware in that modem doesn't seem to recognize that
trick.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff