[hylafax-users] Re: can not lock modem device

  Leslie> I've thoroughly searched the troubleshooting docs and mailing list
  Leslie> archives, to no avail.

Ha! That's funny ;-)

First off, you're using an obsolete HylaFAX RPM. Look through the past few days archives for my pointer to the latest RPM for download from ftp.hylafax.org.

Second, your problem almost certainly arises from a libtiff conflict . . . that old RPM of yours gets freaked out by the libtiff in RedHat-6.2. THis is the most FAQ in recent months. Dunno how you missed THAT one.

Get the latest libtiff from updates.redhat.com, and the latest HylaFAX. Mix thorougly and let simmer for about 1 minute. Run faxsetup and rejoice.Make sure to kill all old hylafax processes and faxgettys.

-Darren