[hylafax-users] faxcover.ps problem with sendfax

What are the specifications for a fax cover template beyond being
reasonable postscript? Does the cover template have to be encapsulated
postscript rather than just postscript?

I created my own faxcover.ps with the fields as previously suggested on
the list (using Netscape). The template looks fine in ghostview and no
errors are reported. I've tested it on the command line with:

	faxcover (all the pertinent args) faxcover.ps

and it seems to generate a perfectly reasonable file that ghostview
reports no problems with either. However, when I try something like

	sendfax -d 6047251 /home/jhill/pub/mail/fax/100831.ps

It generates nothing. If I quicky do faxstat -s I get:

	HylaFAX scheduler on mail.hronline.com: Running
	Modem ttyS1 (): Running and idle

	JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
	29   127 R   root 6047251       0:0   0:12

If I'm not fast, it gives me just that Hylafax is "Runing and idle". My
global hyal.conf field for the template is

	Cover-Template:         "/var/spool/fax/etc/faxcover.ps"

I suspect that when faxsend tries to convert my custom cover into a fax
file, it dies, but then again if it passes as an okay postscript file
with no errors in ghostview, it seems like it shouldn't be a problem
later on. Yet with the standard template that accompanies the hylafax
distribution, I have no problems sending faxes and the cover pages.

I know very little about postscript, but I did see that the standard
template is "PS-Adobe-2.0 EPSF-2.0" whereas my custom template is just
"PS-Adobe". From what I read on the list however, it didn't seem that
this would be the problem.

I've spent several weeks off and on looking at the list and several days
making this custom template, but I have not a clue about how to
troubleshoot at this level, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Hill