[hylafax-users] Re: ghostscript conversion to ps then faxed

At 06:19 PM 6/17/2000 Matt Hughes sez:
>Hey all,
>
>I was just wondering how to convert word and pdf files to ps when they are
>attached to an e-mail.

Ghostscript is not going to do anything with a Word .doc anytime soon
however a PDF isn't too far from Postscript.

>For example I send an e-mail to matth@5555555.fax with a word attachment.
>How would I get ghostscript to get this attachment and then convert it to ps
>and then fax the ps file?

Well MS has a freely distributable program on their web site call WordView
which will view a Word file on an Win 98/NT machine which in turn can be
printed using the Apple Laser Writer driver. So If you happen to have any
Win NT machines you might be able to write a script that would look in a
directory for .doc's and load and print them as a cron job using their AT
facility. Then Hylafax could be scheduled to repackage the fax at some
future time rather than discard the Word .doc.

Or maybe someone has written a UNIX Word Viewer (yuck!).

Paul Franz

PAF Consulting Engineers       |  427 - 140th Ave NE
(425)641-8202 voice            |  Bellevue, WA 98005
(801)749-8480 fax              |  <http://blackdog.bellevue.wa.us/>