[hylafax-users] faxq uses 98.9% cpu

Hello,
  I really need some help with hylafax configuration because I can't manage
to get it working and I'm going to give up.
The biggest problem is that I can't send fax from windows (hylafax client)
I have RedHat 6.2, installed the hylafax4.1beta1.rpm from hylafax.org,
changed the faxsetup to use awk in place of mawk.
I have configured my USR courier on ttyS1 and opened user access to the
whole net.
Hylafax is launched by sysvinit and then I type manually for now the
"faxmodem ttyS1" command (I use the modem only for dialout).
If I do a "sendfax" of a ps file locally, hylafax works fine (the fax get
sent)
But:
- if the number is busy, during the busy-retry delay the modem status is
"Waiting for modem to come ready". Is this correct? Actually the modem is
ready, it's hylafax that is pausing.
- if I try to send text, sendfax aborts because it says it can't find
fontmetrics. WHY? I have fontmetrics (ghostscript onesand the ones shipped
with hylafax) correctly configured in FontPath and also FontMap. Ghostscript
finds fontmetrics. So whats wrong?

Anyway...the big problem is with jobs submitted by WHFC.
The job arrives at linux. I find the original ps file in the docq dir. I
also find the converted tiff file in docq and the job in sendq.
faxstat -s is
HylaFAX scheduler on moloch.bertacco: Running
Modem ttyS1 (+39.424.811xxx): Waiting for modem to come ready
JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
9    127 R  livio 0424811xxx    0:0   0:12
10   127 W   root 0424811xxx    0:0   0:12

BUT hylafax doesn't dial and probably faxq enters an endless-loop. See top
output:
  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT  LIB %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
 1610 uucp      13   0  2156 2156  2040 R       0 98.9  1.6  13:20 faxq
 1790 root       1   0   836  836   652 R       0  0.9  0.6   0:00 top

beside these, the only other fax related process are hfaxd and another faxq
that was not present before whfc sent the job.
Note that i don't have faxq or hfaxd in initd.conf.

What can it be?
Can it be the libtiff (I have the 3.5 one that comes with RH6.2) even if the
doc get converted correctly?

Thank you for any advice.

WHFC job info as from the sendq dir
tts:961248982