my personal sendfax -a howto

This is mainly from my experience and a look at the code:
Someone please correct me when i am wrong!

Q:

why does sendfax -a not schedule the fax correctly?

* The time is processed internaly in GMT/UTC only.
  -> Timezone of Server OS must be set correctly

  date -u   must give GMT/UTC
  date      must give time in local timezone

  (on suse you just use yast to set the timezone)

* hylafax accepts time from client in GMT only!!
  Client must convert local time to GMT before sending time to hylafax!
  -> Timezone of Client OS must be set correctly
     otherwise client will not be able to make this conversion.

  Have a look at sendfax -vv -n -a HH:MM -d 12345 file
  There must appear JPARM SENDTIME yyyymmddhhmm
  yyyymmddhhmm is HH:MM converted to GMT (by sendfax client)

* Hylafax reports time in GMT/UTC or your local timezone to its client
  Client can ask hylafax for translation of timezones (or not)

  see faxstat -s
      faxstat -sl

There is also a y2k issue, see the webpage/FAQ(?)
AFAIR teh smptom is that the fax is scheduled one day to late
if scheduled after end of Feb 2000.

For me, senfax -a works this way.

Bernd

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions