From: Andy Zbikowski <andyzb@ltiflex.com> at Internet_TCO
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 2:47 PM
To: HylaFax List <flexfax@sgi.com> at Internet_TCO
Subject: flexfax: Works once and only once.

I just finished setting up HylaFax. And to my delight, it worked! So I
think, better do a few mores tests before I decide it's working and
install the windows drivers.

I'm glad I did, because after the first successful send, nada.

sendfax -n -d phonenumber test.ps (from the same machine the HylaFax
server is running on)

Gives no error, but the modem doesn't dial, ne errors are generated,
nothing happens.

The worst part is, my supervisior is all excited now that she knows the
capiblity is almost ready to rool out. (It worked! Will it be ready
tomorrow?)

So far my thought is the modem wasn't reset properly after sending the
fax. Could this cause such symptoms? What else could cause something
like this to happen?

The setup is such:
Debian Linux 2.2
HylaFax 4.0.2 (from debs in distribution)
Modem: USR 56K Faxmodem on ttyS1
Using usr-2.0 prototype

ttyS0 has a second external modem, but that's dedicated to emergencys
and not configured for use in HylaFax.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | "Reality is merely an illusion,

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions