HylaFAX Documentation [was: Re: Mail to fax]

George Zeigler <genz1968@mtu-net.ru> wrote:
> [snip]
> O come on!  I remember having to read the documentation to get my
> HylaFax working.  It was really a pain.  Main problem, was that it was not
> in a manual type format, so that a person could teach himself HylaFax.

Please explain 'manual type format' - do you mean contents pages, chapter
structure, page numbering? Or do you mean PDF format rather than html?

>  It
> was all technical pages and notes etc, which are really useful only for
> those who know what it means in the first place.

Hmmm. The theory is that the html documentation should give a broad, yet
detailed view of all things HylaFAX. The technical stuff is in the man
pages. The FAQ tries to give another access route to the same information
at all levels of knowledge plus all the dynamic shortlived info.

You seem to imply that the html documentation is *too* technical - perhaps
the answer would be to have a 'Easy Guide'?  - but my feeling is that if
you tried to write something like this it would end up as a copy of the
html documentation anyway.

Regards,
Phil Watkinson,
Leicester, UK.