hylafax faxq problem

I've installed hylafax 4.0pl2 from the debian2.2 CD on a debian potato
system. Because sendfax did not run I set the access to /var/spool/fax

chmod -R uucp.uucp *

The same I did to all hylafax programs in /usr/bin and in /usr/sbin/.

But something's still going wrong with faxq. When the first faxq (for
example PID 258) intends to convert ps2 to tiff it invokes a
child-faxq-process
(with a different pid), who does the conversion correctly. After that
processing stops. There is a lock-file 'LCK..ttyS1' with the PID 258. In
the Hylafax
FAQ is written, that there shall be only one faxq-process. Is this the
problem?

Thanks,
M. Korn

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions