Problems

        Hi,

        I have a number of question related to hylafax & libtiff:

        1) For a while I had hylafax-4.1-beta1-1rh6.rpm from hylafax
installed and libtiff-3.4 from stock RedHat 6.0 and things worked fine for
half a year. Then, after the RHBA-1999:061-01 bug fix which included the
3.5.4 version of libtiff things no longer work. Faxes get scheduled but
faxq hangs with 100% CPU utilization. What's the cause of this? Is it
because LZW compression is no longer supported in the new libtiff?

        2) Has anybody done a rpm for the beta4.2 for RH (no, I wont
switch to SuSE)? I couldn't find any, so I decided to build my own. But
I'd like no know a couple of things, so my work will benefit others as
well:

        3) I have downloaded the sources for the 4.1-beta2. The configure
script looks exclusively for libtiff 3.4. While patching for 3.5.4 is
trivial and compilation works, I'd like to know if there is a catch to
this.  I could easily make the rpm require only version 3.5.4 of libtiff
for the package to install, but that would not allow people to upgrade
libtiff.  Is there a rule of the thumb for version compatibility between
libtiff and hylafax?

        4) IMHO the faxalter-exploit.patch is NOT included in beta2, even
though the http://www.hylafax.org/patches/index.php web page claims so...
Any comments?

        Cheers,
        Vasile