hylafax help - waiting for modem to come ready

Hi Folks,
                I playing with a buggy Hylafax system and I am pulling my hair out! I can happily send a fax but the modem
never returns to a good state after sending hence I can't send any more faxes. However, if I quickly send a group of
faxes to the fax server, all of them are sent and then the modem sits in the 'waiting for modem to come ready state,'
unable to send any more modems. I am running Red Hat Linux and have turned on all the logging but see nothing
particularily strange. If I delete the status file on the com port, I can continue using the fax. (symbolic link to /dev/null
-> ha ha) .
    If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks,
                Murray Armfield (murray@bortell.com.au)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions