[Fwd: Re: Info: How to use hylafax with IP-Masquerading]

Hi,

> if you want to use a Hylafax server (with an official ip address) with
> clients in a masqueraded network (with private ip addresses e.g.
> 192.168.0.x) you can achieve this very easy with ip_masq_ftp. Just type
> something like this to your /etc/conf.modules on your ip masquerading
> gateway: (you hopefully use a linux box for masquerading, don't you ?
> ;-)

As I looked through the hylafax protocol, I saw that it supports the
passive mode, too. Has anyone tried that? Does any of the client
software support that mode?

Using the passive mode to transfer file and get the status of the
server, you would not have to insert additional kernel modules.

Bye,
Steffen

--
Steffen Pingel				phone	0521 - 915 96 88
Deckertstr. 39				email	steffenp@gmx.de

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions