Re: Slackware 7.0 and hylafax-v4-0pl2

At 07:20 AM 22/03/2000 +0000, you wrote:

>I do not think v4.0pl2 will compile on Slackware 7.0 - I know it struggles
>with RedHat 5.0 and later. Please try the v4.1beta2 source available at:
>
>ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/pub/hylafax/hylafax-4.1/
>
>Download and untar it; ensure you have the tiff 3.4 programs and note where
>they are, note where your ghostscript is keep, then...
>
> > 1) ./configure
> > 2) make
> > 3) make install
>
>as root.

You are absolutely right. I did what you said and it compiled fine.

>If installed in /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin (the defaults), you may
>want to add these directories to your path - in /etc/profile or /etc/bashrc
>for instance.

I have both the /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin in the PATH.

>Check which serial port your modem is connected to, switch it on (but it
>doesn't have to be plugged into the telephone line) and run....
> > 4) faxsetup
>
>Follow instructions; faxsetup will automatically call faxaddmodem which
>will ask you some similar questions.

My modem is in ttyS0(com1) and mouse in ttyS1(com2)
Faxsetup ran fine and after that I do not know what else to do.

> >....(it says that sendfax was not in /usr/local/bin directory)
> >
> > I checked and the /usr/local/bin directory was empty.
>
>I guess that the make or make install failed.

Now both the /usr/local/bin and /usr/local/sbin have files in them.

After faxsetup, I rebooted the machine. I did a ps -ax and I see no new
program running in the background.
I have two phone lines at home. I called using another line to the linux
box that have hylafax and the modem did not pick up.

Then I add these manually.
1) to enable inbound (receiving) fax???
/etc/inittab
#Run Faxgetty on com1
S1:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty cua0

2) To enable the windows client to talk to them??
# /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i 4559 -o 4557 -s 444

Questions
1) After the faxsetup what else do I need to do? I read the setup.php and
I still stucked here.
2) How do I test sending fax from the linux box to a fax machine? (sending)
3) What do I need to start for sending fax into the Linux box? (Receiving)
4) I downloaded the whfc1.05 English edition but after installed it became
some other language. Why?
     The filename is whfc-1-0-5-setup-en.exe

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as
  important as what you become by achieving your goals."
Email     : hkmun@pacific.net.sg
Home Page : http://home.pacific.net.sg/~hkmun